Our annual AgriTech Day in association with AIB was held at The West Cork Hotel on Thursday 27th of October. The event aims to identify the opportunities and innovations within the Agriculture industry, looking at current challenges and focusing on the positive future of Agriculture in Ireland. We will bring together top rated Panellists and Speakers to discuss the significant challenges and opportunities at farm level whilst emphasizing how businesses can ensure farmers are environmentally and economically sustainable. The benefits of adopting Innovative Agri tech in order to adapt and adopt sustainable business strategies are forever prevalent and highly topical attracting a national and international audience.
This year’s event focused initially on the AgriTech landscape giving up to date information on who’s who and what’s happening across Irelands Agri tech eco system from new technologies emerging to education programmes that can really propel start ups, to the funders that can help Agri Tech Companies grow in the right direction and access markets beyond that of Ireland.
Event Moderator: Sean Mahon, Managing Director, Southern Star Media
The AgriTech Eco System Overview
- Kieran O Donoghue, Agri Cluster manager, MTU.
- Fiona Ryan, Start Up & Entrepreneurship manager, The Ludgate Hub.
Meet innovative AgriTech Founders
- Desmond Savage – Founder of Moonsyst
- Fiona Edwards Murphy – CEO and Co-founder of ApisProtect.
- Nick Cotter – Founders of Cotter Agritech
Meet the Funders
- Kevin Curran, Head of Enterprise LEO.
- James Maloney Enterprise Ireland
- Enda Kelly, Spark CrowdFunding
Succession and diversification Panel
- Thomas Curran, Head of Advisory Services at Teagasc
- Declan Collins, Young progressive Farmer & UCC Agri Student
- Neil Collins, Farmer
- Amy Dunphy, Young progressive Farmer & UCC Agri Student