- This event has passed.
The Changing Face of Agriculture
November 30 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
Ludgate are excited to introduce the 2021 Annual Agri Event in association with AIB.
With a superb line-up of speakers, this 2 hour virtual and in person event will address CAP, the Climate Action Bill and the Nitrates Directive with top rated Panellists and Speakers to discuss the significant challenges and opportunities at farm level whilst emphasizing how businesses can ensure farmers are environmentally and economically sustainable.
The event will also identify and showcase AgriTech companies who are bringing real solutions to the agriculture farms and businesses. Hear from innovators and early adaptors of some of these technologies and the benefits and challenges of the industry today.
Our Panel and Speakers will discuss the significant challenges and opportunities at farm level whilst emphasizing how businesses can ensure farmers are environmentally and economically sustainable.
Join us online or in person at the West Cork Hotel Skibbereen (limited availability and run in compliance with all Covid Guidelines).
- Justin McCarthy, Editor & Chief Executive of the Irish Farmers Journal
- Brendan Gleeson, Secretary General, Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine sharing Government will address CAP, Climate Action Bill and Nitrates Directive – Practical, actionable roadmap and requirements for the the future of Agriculture in Ireland.
- Harold Kingston , Farmer, IFA representative and member of Advisory Committee of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) will speak to the areas that currently challenge those working in this sector.
- Dario Fornara, Principal Scientific Officer – Sustainable Agri-Food Sciences Division, Agri-Food & Biosciences Institute will share his work around soil carbon sequestration in agricultural grasslands
- Panel Deirdre de Bhailís, Manager Dingle Hub will introduce a Farm Ambassador programme – a pilot project to increase agricultural sustainability and productivity by supporting farmers through the digital transformation, in partnership with Net Feasa, Teagasc and Kerry Agribusiness
For that for those in attending at the West Cork Hotel we will be adhering to guidelines and require facemasks to be worn indoors at all times. Covid Certs will be checked and social distancing will be adhered to.
For those attending virtually a link will be provided in advance through the email used to sign up.