First Fridays returns to Ludgate to Inspire Entrepreneurs in the region
First Fridays for Startups is Ireland’s Largest Monthly Ecosystem Event. Every month First Fridays is broadcast online from one of the member hubs of the Irish Tech Hub Network – Dogpatch Labs (Dublin), Ludgate Hub (Cork), Ormeau Baths (Belfast), Portershed (Galway), RDI Hub (Kerry) and Republic of Work (Cork). The aim of the series is to bring together startups, multinationals and hubs to energise Ireland’s entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Each series includes..
- Mentoring from some of Ireland’s largest tech multinationals including Google, Hubspot, SalesForce and Microsoft.
- Fireside chats with Ireland’s most successful entrepreneurs.
- An inside track on who’s who and what’s happening across Ireland’s startup ecosystem.
Friday 7th July 2023
We had the pleasure of hosting First Friday for StartUps here in Skibbereen. We want to thank everyone who attended along with our incredible panellists and speakers. Some of the insights on the day include ensuring as a Founder you are conscious of your own self awareness, hiring a sales team who are good at maths, prospect or suspect amongst many more insightful tips. Don’t forget First Friday for Start Ups are still touring Ireland and will host in Dublin on 04th August.
Register in person or online at www.firstfridays.ie/august-2023
Our Inspire session saw the audience getting inspired by Jason Hawkins, CEO of the Carbery Group, the dairy and nutrition giant, which was named International Company of the year 2022 by Cork Chamber.
Jason discussed the importance of culture for growth.
Our attendees heard from an expert panel including Marie Davis, John O’Connell and Eoin Leonard with key takeaways on the pivotal elements that compose a triumphant sales strategy.
- John O’Connell , cofounder and CEO of West Cork Distillers
- Marie Davis, Head of SME Retail & Accelerated Growth at Google
- Eoin Leonard founder and CEO of Catalyst
The audience got bite-sized wisdom from our Lightening Talk speakers.
- Rob Carpenter of Granite Digital on Innovating Through Acquisition.
- Fiona Kelleher of MyGug on Anaerobic Digestion.
- Des Golden of Peak Performance on Prioritising with the Brain in Mind.