Definition of Class
The Remote Working Training is focused on the training of administrators in Broadband Connection Points (BCPs) and Community Hubs, facilitating remote working in line with government policy. Ludgate has been appointed by the Department of Rural and Community Development to provide virtual training and supports to BCP’s and Community Hubs in Ireland.
The training programme will be delivered virtually via zoom.
Summary content will include:
- 1. Vision
- 2. Landscape
- 3. Strategy
- 4. Business of a hub
- 5. Management
- 6. Organisational structure
- 7. Financials
- 8. Services
- 9. Stakeholder management
- 10. Marketing
- 11. Unique selling points.
The material is based on Ludgate’s journey but also the experience of others. The live virtual classes will be supported by the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) which will contain the recordings of the sessions, further reading material, relevant links, videos and a unique Hub Academy eBook that charts and shares Ludgate’s ‘how to’ and operational manual. A number of relevant templates and resources will also be made available to the participants.
Who should sign up?
The training sessions are aimed at BCP’s and Community Hubs at different stages of their journey and as such separate sessions will be offered for each cohort.
This training is for you if you are:
- Considering – a community group who is considering starting a BCP or a Community Hub.
- Developing – a community group who is actively developing a BCP or Community Hub.
- Expanding – an existing BCP or Community Hub who is expanding their offering to remote workers.
The aims of this training to provide the learner with structured learning opportunities leading to the development of a foundation or intermediate level knowledge, skill and competence in the development of a broadband connection point (BCP) and Community Hub.
After completing this training you and your team will:
- Identity a suitable organisational structure which suits your BCP or Community Hub.
- Identification of an optimal strategy to start/grow your BCP or Hub to success.
- Demonstrate understanding of the business requirements of a BCP or a Community Hub.
- Possess appropriate resources and templates that will help you target your specific market.
Training Cost – Free
The training is free of charge and will be delivered in partnership with The Department of Rural and Community Development. As stated above, there is both starter and advanced classes offered.
Starter class – For those considering starting a BCP or Community Hub choose a date from the courses below. (Total 2 hour session)
- Tuesday 9th of November 12:30pm – 2:30pm – sign up
and repeated on
- Tuesday 16th of November 6pm – 8pm – sign up
Advanced class –For those developing or expanding a BCP or Community Hub attend both classes listed below. (Total 4 hour session)
- Tuesday 7th & Tuesday 14th of December 12:30pm – 2:30pm – sign up
Contact Us for more information
Phone: 087 190 4174