Smart Farming Innovation Challenge
Your invited to generate new innovative solutions to challenges in the sector or new solutions to improve products & processes in farming.
There are many challenges facing the agri-food sector, so how can we generate solutions? Participants are invited to this 1-day event to generate new innovative solutions to challenges in the sector or new solutions to improve products, processes and services to existing challenges. Instead of farming HARDER we need to farm SMARTER.
As well as proposing YOUR own challenges and solutions, collaborating with other participants on their challenges enables participants to play an active role throughout the event. You may have a challenge that you want others to help generate a solution for. An example of innovation is the use of technology and automation to address farm labour shortages.
The SMART Farming Innovation Challenge is open to participants working in the agri-food sector, the farming community, second and third level students, academics and anyone who has an interest in innovation and problem solving.
- Teams: teams will be assigned in advance to help participants get down to problem solving early on the morning. If you are coming alone DON’T WORRY, we will be doing some ice breaker exercises so you’ll get to make new acquaintances and friends.
- Mentors: will be on hand throughout the day to help and guide you during the process.
- Workshops: A series of mini exercises to help you understand what innovation is – the design thinking process – empathy mapping will be delivered by a Facilitator.
- Refreshments: Will be available throughout the day – breaks and lunch.
- Judging Panel: A panel of industry experts have been invited to judge the Solutions presented at the end of the day, this will be a fun exercise, to help you learn about the challenges worked on by all teams throughout the day and the panel will then chose a solution that they think will make the most positive impact to the sector.
- Prize: A prize for the winning team members will also be up for grabs.!
- Cost to Attend: FREE to participate, if you register, PLEASE do show.
Partners: The Ludgate Hub, AIB and AGTech UCD